The Latest Heavy Equipment Technology Accessories
All-around-view monitors, Transparent Buckets and grade control systems — what do they all have in common? They’re examples of some of the latest and greatest construction technology accessories for heavy equipment like excavators and wheel loaders.
Many construction equipment brands are introducing one-of-a-kind features for their machines. Manufacturers developed these technologies with machine performance and operator safety in mind.
One example of a new machine technology is an all-around-view monitor, specifically designed for use with excavators. This system features:
- A 360-degree field of view.
- Cameras mounted on the front of the excavator cab, on each side of the machine and on the rear.
- A monitor mounted inside the cab for easy access to multiple camera views.
The system gives an operator the ability to see all around the excavator while remaining in the cab, increasing jobsite safety. This makes it one of the best construction gadgets on the market.
Another new and innovative construction technology exclusive to Doosan is the Transparent Bucket, available for select Doosan wheel loaders.
This technology utilizes multiple cameras to stitch together a view of the front of the wheel loader that makes the bucket appear transparent. The operator can still see the bucket but they can also see beyond it. This gives the operator greater control of the bucket and the machine in general. And it can improve jobsite safety for the operator and other workers.
Grade Control System
A newer technology specific to crawler excavators is the grade control system, available in a 2D or 3D configuration.
The two key benefits of an excavator grade control system are that it:
- Allows a machine to operate at a continuous pace instead of having to stop for an employee to measure the trench depth.
- Can read jobsite data that is mapped out by a drone or a manual survey. This can be helpful when doing more skilled work like creating swales and sculpting land. Additionally, this offers enhanced grading and trenching accuracy.
A grade control system saves excavator operators time on the jobsite, making for a more productive workday.
When you’re considering which new construction gadgets to install on the machines in your fleet, it’s important to choose the ones that will have long-term benefits for your operators. Manufacturers hope that this new technology, whether it’s an all-around-view monitor or a Transparent Bucket, will make your worksite a productive and safe place to be.
Curious to learn more about this topic? Check out Doosan innovations here.